|[OLD]BMW Board Member Job Description|
This job description was approved in the October 7, 2013 meeting (see minutes) with the adjusted wording (italicized).
Position Description: A Board Member will serve this cause for Christ with passion and authority committing their Time, Talent, Treasure and Testimony in appropriate proportion to the tasks at hand to accomplish all that this organization has set forth to accomplish for a renewable one-year term.
Assumptions:–Board Members will offer advice and counsel in setting Mission, Purpose, Core Values, Policy and Strategic Direction for the organization. Then they will act as watch dogs to prevent organizational drift.–Board Members will hold in account the actions and service of the Executive Director/President and trust his/her leadership.–Board Members will hold each other accountable to this job description.
Qualifications:–Board Members will believe in this cause passionately.
–Board Members will be able to represent the organization with enthusiasm and professionalism. –Board Members will be fully vested in their Time, Talent, Treasure and Testimony as Godenables them to participate.
–Board Members will testify to the beliefs of the organization and be in full agreement.
Responsibilities:–Board Members will select and support the Executive Director.
–Board Members will review annually the performance of the Executive Director.
–Board Members will make every effort to attend all regular and specially scheduled boardmeetings.
–Board Members will actively serve on sub-committees and special task-forces as needed. –Board Members will serve as an officer on the board as their qualifications and opportunitiesallow.
–Board Members will approve annual budgets, spending and strategic plans.
–Board Members will approve any permanent staff expansion or reduction. (by position or actualhired personnel)
Reports to:The Board and Executive Director/President
[NEW]BMW Board of Directors Job Description and Commitment
Position Description: A Director is a member of a team (BMW board) committing his/her time, talent, treasure and testimony to accomplish the mission and vision.
BMW mission: Make reproducing disciples of Jesus among the Bengali people.
BMW vision: Bangladesh is 2% saved and a sending nation.
- Have a passion for the mission, purpose, values, policy, and strategic direction of BMW.
- Encourage, support, equip, serve and assist the Executive Director as a unified team.
- Self-assess personal involvement in relation to annual board involvement goals.
- Lifestyle and heart demonstrating a dedicated and mature Christ-follower.
- Committed to BMW’s mission and methods.
- Willing to make BMW a top priority of service.
- Fully invested donor of time, talent, treasure, and testimony.
- Agree with BMW’s doctrinal statement.
- Encourage and support the staff.
- Represent BMW with enthusiasm and act with professionalism.
- Attend all regular and special board meetings and be prepared to discuss agenda items.
- Serve on one or more task forces or committees.
- Participate in approving and achieving the annual budget and strategic plans.
- Pray for the ministry regularly.
- Participate in 100% of the board’s development activities.
- To keep the bi-laws and meet the requirements of state government.
- Live out the BMW code of values (on the back of this sheet).
Term: A Director will be elected by a majority of the board and will serve a three-year term or an unexpired portion of a three-year term. After six consecutive years on the board an individual is eligible to serve again after a minimum of one year off the board.
Compensation: This is a volunteer role.
Code of Values: As a BMW board member I pledge…
- To be faithful in preparation and execution of duties.
To respect and treat others in the organization the way I would like to be treated.
- To look for and acknowledge the good that is happening while doing my part to keep the organization from erroneous ways.
- To share in the burden of development, planning, execution and evaluation…using my strengths as a fully functioning member of the team.
- To listen intently to colleagues and advisors as if they have something important to say.
- To acknowledge the worth of each board member and their great potential in God’s eyes.
- To seek to understand others more than to be understood.
- To build up and encourage the Board of Directors, BMW USA staff, and Bangladeshi staff through words and actions.
- To regard everyone as right from their own perspective.
- To respond to issues and requests in a timely fashion.
- To realize that success is the result of clear, cooperative, positive thinking.
- To fully acknowledge that this is a great work of God…He supplies, directs, and enables us. We seek Him in all things.
- To advance my understanding of the progress of the Great Commission in the world in general and in BMW in particular.
I agree to abide by and follow the BMW Board of Directors job description and code of values for a term ending December of
A. 2021 B. 2022 C. 2023 D. 2020
_______________________________________________________ signature and date