BMW Board Member Job Description
This job description was approved in the October 7, 2013 meeting (see minutes) with the adjusted wording (italicized).
Position Description: A Board Member will serve this cause for Christ with passion and authority committing their Time, Talent, Treasure and Testimony in appropriate proportion to the tasks at hand to accomplish all that this organization has set forth to accomplish for a renewable one-year term.
- Board Members will offer advice and counsel in setting Mission, Purpose, Core Values, Policy and Strategic Direction for the organization. Then they will act as watch dogs to prevent organizational drift.
- Board Members will hold in account the actions and service of the Executive Director/President and trust his/her leadership.
- Board Members will hold each other accountable to this job description.
- Board Members will believe in this cause passionately.
- Board Members will be able to represent the organization with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Board Members will be fully vested in their Time, Talent, Treasure and Testimony as God enables them to participate.
- Board Members will testify to the beliefs of the organization and be in full agreement.
- Board Members will select and support the Executive Director.
- Board Members will review annually the performance of the Executive Director.
- Board Members will make every effort to attend all regular and specially scheduled board meetings.
- Board Members will actively serve on sub-committees and special task-forces as needed.
- Board Members will serve as an officer on the board as their qualifications and opportunities allow.
- Board Members will approve annual budgets, spending and strategic plans.
- Board Members will approve any permanent staff expansion or reduction. (by position or actual hired personnel)
The Board and Executive Director/President